Minecraft is an open-world game unlike any other. Players are placed in a borderless, randomly generated land with no supplies, directions, or objective. It is up to them to decide what to do and how to do it.
Players collect materials from the world around them in order to ‘craft’ items and build whatever their mind can imagine.
For multiplayer, a server is required to run the world, this can be achieved in-game but a more efficient way is to create your own server.
MINESHAFT is a tool that will simplify the creation of your Minecraft server.
All you need to do is to choose the settings of the game world, then the application will create all necessary files
according to your settings and start the server with the appropriate arguments.
All necessary files will be created in a folder called 'MINESHAFT'.
You can create different profiles for each world to easily switch between servers.
In the folder MINESHAFT a new folder for each profile will be created.
This folder will contain all of the files associated with the Minecraft game world.
Please Note: The Ports will have to be forwarded on your router.
● Easy to use interface.
● Can be used with Vanilla, Bukkit, Spiggot and Bedrock servers.
● Saves your individual worlds in profiles so you can store multiple worlds in one folder.
● Once set up, simply pick a world from the dropdown list and launch it.
● Built-in Server Output Window.
● Manage all server properties from one window.
● Colourful server name entry. See what the server name will look like in the server selection screen (not Bedrock).
● Manage all custom world settings from one window.
● Manage all superflat world settings from one window.
● JSON Viewer.
● Advanced Give Item system, adapts to the server version in use.
● Can set up custom buttons.
● Run Automatic commands.
● Import bmp, gif, jpg, png and tif server icons.
● File Manager.
● Backup and Transfer manager.
● Built-in Web Browser.
● Skins. Choose from Overworld Plains, Overworld Desert, Overworld Mooshroom, Overworld Snow, Overworld Plains(Night), The Nether and The End.
● Update feature. Adds/removes/updates new blocks and items to the Give Item feature when new versions of Minecraft are released.
Extract the files anywhere on your PC (preferably in your Minecraft Folder) and run the exe file.
Please Note: Mineshaft requires .NET v4.6.2 which is installed in the Anniversary Update to Windows 10.
The web installer for .Net v4.6.2 is included in the archive for those who need to install it.
UPDATING OLDER VERSIONS
Due to the addition of Bedrock features, the Mineshaft profile files from versions v1.4.5 and below
are not compatible with Mineshaft v1.4.6.
1) Back up all profiles you have generated with earlier versions of Mineshaft (The built-in backup feature
will do this for you) and if possible create jpg images of your tabs so you can re-create your settings.
2) Rename the MINESHAFT folder to something else and run the server software.
3) Replace the old version of Mineshaft with the v1.4.6 version and run it as normal.
4) Java should be the default option, find a server.jar file and mineshaft will create a new MINESHAFT folder.
5) Update the revision file from the icon in the top right of the main window.
6) Recreate your profiles with the settings you saved/screen-grabbed earlier and run and stop the server.
7) From the backup you made of your profile(s), restore the folder with the DIM, DIM-1 folders inside it
replacing the ones just generated.
Updates for any future server related features Mojang may add.
If you find MINESHAFT helpful then you can support me by donating a small amount to the cause.
Information is found on the page displayed by the 'About Mineshaft' button in the application.
1.4.6 - 04/03/2018 - Java 1.13 and Beyond, Bedrock 1.8 and Beyond
● Added the ability to rename profiles.
● Improved portability.
● Double-click defaults removed from up/down fields (e.g. View Distance).
● Minor bug and stability fixes.
1.4.5 - 18/12/2018 - Java 1.13 and Beyond, Bedrock 1.8 and Beyond
● Mineshaft can now run Bedrock servers.
● Minimum and Maximum sliders replacing the drop down boxes.
● Minimum and Maximum values can also be manually entered by changing the text before the slider.
● Added extra items for Bedrock servers.
● Java and Bedrock exclusive buttons/textboxes/tabs etc will be disabled when the other server type is used.
● Some dropdown boxes will have different options depending on the server being Java or Bedrock.
● Added 3 new skins (Mooshroom, Snow and Plains (Night)
● The tabs now fill up the tab bar.
● Minor bug and stability fixes.
The give command still works on Bedrock editions but it will use the latest revision file downloaded.
It will attempt to run the items form the java version 6 versions ahead (i.e. 1.8 will look for 1.14).
If it cannot find it it will then look for the previous java revision until it hits 1.12.
1.4.4 - 02/11/2018 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Added tick box for the Enforce Whitelist option used in the server properties.
● Added tick box for the Prevent Proxy Connections option used in the server properties.
● Added text field for the Remote Password option used in the server properties.
1.4.3 - 28/08/2018 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Updated the backup manager which now imports and exports profiles as well as backing up the whole Mineshaft folder. Also does not need iconic.zip any more.
● Added a Java autodetect button.
● Added the ability using the up and down arrow keys to cycle through already used commands in the command text field (just like a cmd prompt in windows).
● Changed the server location from a drop-down to a text field (This means profiles in 1.4.2 and earlier won't work in 1.4.3,
backup your profile folder and copy it back into a newly created profile folder, taking screenshots of the tabs you have changed).
● View distance now goes from 2-32.
● Default server name button no longer clears the second line of the server name.
● Improved the way Mineshaft looks for server jar and icon files for easier relocating of the server software and folders.
● Fixed a bug when Dark Aqua, Aqua and Purple characters would reset to white on the second line of the server name.
● Fixed a bug when you set the Maximum RAM on one machine, then transfer the world to a machine with less RAM available than the Maximum RAM set on the original machine. This caused the profile not to load correctly. Now resets Maximum RAM to 1024 allowing the profile to load correctly.
● Minor bug and stability fixes.
1.4.2 - 10/08/2018 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Corrected a bug where the give item(s) function still applied the variation option in worlds 1.13 and beyond.
● New automatic shutdown system. Gives warnings at 1,2,5,10,30 and hour marks (2 hours max setting).
1.4.1 - 19/07/2018 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Corrected a bug in the update system.
● The memory monitor bar now goes from Green (OK) Orange (Warning) and Red (Critical) fixing a crash that occurred when memory use exceeded 100%
1.4.0 - 23/05/2018 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Added a new tab with options for the Superflat world type
● Added support for the new Buffet world type
● Server.jar files are now copied into the profile folder after they are selected from the dialog box.
(will still work with original location but if you wish to move your servers to a new location/machine, it's probably best to re-select the server.jar file(s)).
● Mineshaft will check every time it is started up that the server.jar files are in the location specified and will remove any server.jar files from the list that are missing.
● Will refuse to allow you to delete a profile if it the only profile left in the list.
● Will now not allow you to use a blank profile name when creating a new profile.
● Cancelling the server file dialog when creating a new profile will use the same server that was currently in the list box.
● Launching the server will now disable the profile buttons.
● Changed the Java download link as the original url stopped at Java version 8.
● Fixed game mode and difficulty settings correctly appearing in the server.properties file.
● Fixed bug when deleting a profile causes an error window.
● Fixed a bug so if you want to change the server icon and select the same file that is already being used as the server icon, an error window will not appear.
● Increased stability of the software if certain files are missing.
● Minor bug and stability fixes
1.3.5 - 21/02/2018 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Fixed crash when clicking the "Show IP" button when not connected to the Internet.
1.3.4 - 23/01/2018 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Bug fix in the update system.
1.3.3 - 07/12/2017 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Added a show/hide button to enable you to show or hide the external IP of the server displayed. Hiding the external IP address increases security, especially with static IP addresses. Ensure you hide the IP address when taking screenshots etc. Defaults to hidden.
1.3.2 - 25/10/2017 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Shows the External IP of your server to help those whose ISP does not provide a static address, so you can easily give this info to your players.
1.3.1 - 04/09/2017 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Player Counter shows you how many players are currently playing on the server.
1.3 - 17/08/2017 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Memory monitor shows the memory usage of the server in real-time.
● Fixed the text when saving the server and setting the time of day to remove corrupted text.
● The "Maximum RAM (kB):" field now only goes as high as the system memory available.
● The "Minimum RAM (kB):" field now only goes as low as 256kB.
● The "Maximum RAM (kB):" field now only goes as low as the "Minimum RAM (kB):" setting.
● The "Maximum RAM (kB):" and "Minimum RAM (kB):" fields are now disabled while the server is running.
● Minor bug and stability fixes.
1.2.3 - 16/08/2017 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● When a settings file has been accidentally deleted or removed, Mineshaft will now create a replacement settings file (Default server and skin will be reset).
1.2.2 - 12/08/2017 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● The "Click Here to Select Item" button will not open if the "Player:" text field is empty.
● The URL for CraftBukkit and Spiggot server downloads has been updated in the browser as the original link was broken.
● Fixed the "Browse" text box in the "File Manager" tab to stop typing from right to left and will now allow you to navigate to the location on pressing Enter.
● The text above the command text box at the bottom of the "LAUNCH!" tab changes to indicate if it is in Command or Say modes.
● "Browse" text box and "Home" buttons now default to the Desktop instead of My Documents.
1.2.1 - 08/08/2017 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● Fixed a bug which occurred when cancelling the "Server Jar:" file dialog, resulting in the "Server Jar:" drop-down box being empty.
1.2 - 27/07/2017 - Java 1.13 and Beyond
● "Server Name:" box now reflects what will appear in the server list allowing you to fully customise the colours and formatting of the text.
● New "File Manager" to allow you to place files in the Minecraft folder⃰ (recommend you place a shortcut to the .minecraft folder in your main Minecraft folder).
● Updated compatibility with potential changes coming in Minecraft 1.13+ (Block and Item ID's will be compatible with 1.13 when released).
● Give Item pop up window will now list items and blocks for the version of Minecraft launched (1.3.1 - 1.6.1, 1.7.2, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11.1, 1.12 and beyond).
● Revision update button which checks for new items and blocks in future versions of Minecraft.
● Indicator to show when new revision updates are live.
● Added 4 new skins which can be chosen via the drop-down box.
● "IP Address:" box now verifies that the value entered is in the correct IP address format.
● Cannot use spaces in the text boxes where you enter player names.
● Minor bug and stability fixes.
1.1 - 08/06/2017 - Java 1.12 Release Update
● Updated compatibility with Minecraft v1.12 (Block and Item ID's updated to 1.12).
● Moved some settings from the settings file into the profile (This means profiles in 1.0 won't work in 1.1,
backup your world folder and copy it back into a newly created profile).
● Improved compatibility of the "Give Items" feature with server versions 1.6.4 and below (give command introduced in 1.3.1).
● Added a "Clear" button to remove unwanted server versions from the "Server Jar:" list.
● "Json Viewer" tab can now be used to view older .txt files.
● Minor bug fixes.
1.0 - 01/01/2017 - Initial release.
To the team at Mojang for creating this amazing game.
To SARIFOPs Gaming for the amazing gaming sessions on Minecraft, Arma and many other games.
This software is available as is - use it completely at your own risk.
The author of this software accepts no responsibility for loss of data as a result of using it.
MINESHAFT is not owned by or related to Mojang in any way.
This software may not be used for commercial purposes without the written consent of the author.
Copyright 2018, Paul Roberts, United Kingdom. firstname.lastname@example.org
You should really place Mineshaft in the Minecraft folder to make this feature work correctly.
Mineshaft will work properly placed elsewhere but the file manager needs Mineshaft to be placed in the Minecraft folder for this feature to work.