I've just made this piston door closing contraption and would like some help making it as small as possible. I can't seem to find anything on youtube on this door and was wondering if anyone could lend a hand. The idea is to place this in a villager house that is mostly underground (as they typically spawn) with the capability of building rooms underground. The most ideal situation is to place all the redstone under the front door and not under the house itself.
I am greatful for all the help provided and am willing to try anything. If more information is required please don't hesitate to let me know. If I knew how I'd link the world as well.
I'm not a redstone 'expert' - just dabbles now & again & usually only through trial & error however I don't know about anyone else but trying to figure out what this is suppose to be doing is a bit hard for me to follow (a world download link would've been helpful)
Anyway, I've tried rebuilding this based on your pictures but I've not got it to work the way I THINK you are trying to achieve (I think its because I can't see the all the repeater timings properly)
Am I right in assuming that by pressing the button, the [double] pistons are suppose to fill in the doorway with solid blocks & a second press of the button is suppose to remove the blocks - giving you the doorway ??
If so, then maybe this is what you're looking for ?.. it's definately smaller although not sure it's what you wanted.
The only downside is that you NEED an immovable block above the doorway (somewhere) - should be easy to hide it in the roof or something - as I can't seem to figure out how to stop double pulses from the observer blocks
Wow thank you, I'll give it a shot. yes indeed I want 1 button to open AND close the doorway. The way I did it was to make two circuits, one to open and one to close. The double pistons are there to change which circuit gets the power from the SINGLE button.
If a world download would be helpful how would I go about doing that?
. . .. The way I did it was to make two circuits, one to open and one to close.....
That's the way I usually dabble in redstone..
- firstly I search youtube on how to do do something (like vertical double piston extender or block swappers). usually I try & find the most compact versions, thats how I found the observer block double piston extender
- build them seperately in a world - for reference & try and understand how they work (Easy to look back in world than watching video again)
- then make a third build trying to combine them together usually with massive redstone lines like you have - (tip: use different coloured blocks for each circuit helps tracing routes)
- next I then try to compact it all.. use youtube again to find more compact circuits for delays/long pulses/single button toggle etc
- once combined & finding it doesn't work (usually) - then its trial & error to figure out why
To be honest with my design I still don't understand how the 1 button open/close is actually working lol
I originally had 2 button circuits to open/close, then planned to find a more compact selector than the pistons you had (I vaguely remember seeing a design with droppers/comparitors) but I accidentally pressed the close button while it was already closed & somehow it almost opened the door fully..a small tweak & it finally worked
(fyi I did try to compact it more afterwards - trying to get it narrower but without much luck, but while writting this post I just had a brainwave & was thinking about 3x3 doorways & how does the middle block get removed? maybe just that part of the circuit could be used )